5 Tips For Making the Most of Your Morning September 15 2014
As the seasons start to transition and the weather becomes a bit cooler, the warmth of our bed sheets and cover will often try to hold on to us a little longer in the morning. However, every time we hit the snooze button, there is a great chance we might be sleeping away our creativity, productivity and efficiency. Research shows that one trait most successful people have in common is that they are intentional about making their day very top heavy. I use to think this was all fluff, however I'm discovering the importance of truly owning your morning.
When possible, I believe the very first part of your day should be dedicated to YOU. Not your work, not your family or friends but to yourself. What happens too often is that we rush into our day without taking time to mentally, phically and spiritually prepare for the the next 12-14 hours. Generally if we are not centered and in a good space that will spill over into everything else we do throughout the day. Here are 5 tips to help you make the most of your morning:
1. Move Your Body Last week I did early morning workouts 3 days of the week. It was incredible how much more productive those days. In addition to actually waking us up, an AM workout creates a sense of accomplishment. When you successfully complete the first task on your list it makes the remaining items that much easier to conquer.
2. Food for Fuel We've all hear the saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It makes all the sense it the world. Our first meal of the day will kickstart and give us energy to power through. A large breakfast is great for lazy weekends but when you want to have a productive and fulfilling day try grain, fruits and greens in the morning. Try our Mango Mint Smoothie it is a great way to kick off the day!
3. Choose Positive Thoughts There is a building that I drive past almost every day that says on the side "Choose a Positive Thought". Every single time I see those words I become very conscious of what I'm thinking and if it is not positive I make a change. We have the ability to choose our thoughts. Your thought process in the morning will set the tone for the remainder of the day.
4. Create Something It is unfortunate that creativity in adults isn't more encouraged and celebrated in our society. Often our daily routines don't even allow for us to be creative. I challenge you to take some time in the morning to create the thing that gives you the most joy. For some that might be painting or drawing, for others it might be writing. You will be amazed at how much satisfaction regularly tapping into your creativity will give you.
5. Think, Pray Meditate The first four have focused on our mental and physical, but this last tip is all about the spiritual. Our spirit needs to be fed and nurtured just like our body and mind. Consistently making time for spiritual development in the morning will help ground and guide you.
I hope you find these tips helpful for making the best of your mornings.
To Your Investmint,